I suggest you ...

Add Pulse feature to I/O 1 & 2 for garage door and gate controllers etc

Most garage door and Gate controllers want a pulse or temporary closed circuit to operate, another pulse to stop and then another to reverse the direction. It would be great to have toggle and pulse.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ken B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ken B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Kevin. The work around works OK as does pulse + pulse. I'll swap the I/O wires over when I get back from interstate. Cheers, Ken

• AdminKevin (Product Owner, House Alarm) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, confirmed bug. The combination of Toggle and Pulse where Pulse is on the second I/O causes the second I/O to be hidden erroneously. A work around for the interim is to make the first I/O Pulse and the second I/O Toggle.

Thanks for this. I’ll get it fixed.

• Ken B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Kevin. When I set either I/I to toggle they both appear on the app. When I change one to pulse it disappears.

• AdminKevin (Product Owner, House Alarm) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good news. The App already supports both pulse and toggle on I/O 1&2. Setup your I/O ports via the Paradox web interface. There you can select toggle or pulse and change timing settings. The App will automatically pick up changes and will show a button for pulse and a switch for toggle.

Feedback and Knowledge Base